Swan, Potters Bank; St. Georges.



SWAN         Holyhead Road      Potters Bank

(See Red Bull, possibly same premises?)

Some licensees.
    1834    Ann JONES (PD)
    1840    William EVARTON  (1840 Tithe Directory of Ketley & Pigot's directory 1840)
    1861    Thomas STANWORTH  (census)




SWAN            85 West St.    St Georges.

Now a private house.

 RETURN OF LICENSED HOUSES IN THE PETTY SESSIONAL DIVISION OF WELLINGTON
1.Name.THE SWAN    2.Place. West St.  St. George's.  3.Date of Visit.  9 July 1901  
4.Nature of Licence.  Beerhouse,  7 days.   5.When Granted.  Not known but before 1856  
6.Owner & Occupier.  Samuel John PAGETT   Number of changes within past five years. No change.  
7.Rateable value.  £24 - 10 - 0  8.Accommodation.  4 rooms downstairs and 5 up.      9.Stabling. For 2 horses.  
10.Condition of Buildings. House in good condition; stable requires lime washing.  
11.Nature of Trade.  Ironworks and mining. 
12.Proximity to other Licensed Houses.  About 12 yards. 13.Proximity to Dwelling Houses. Adjoining.
14.Position of House with regard to Police Control. Near Police Station.  
15.Date & Nature of Proceedings. November 14th 1892, permitting drunkenness, fined £1 and costs 15s 6d; same date, selling beer to drunken person, withdrawn on payment of costs 4s 6d;  Against Samuel John PAGETT the present occupier.  
16.General Remarks. Free.

Some licensees
    1861         Richard CARTWRIGHT publican & master bricklayer, (census).
    1871        Thomas CARTWRIGHT (census)
    1876        Matilda FREEMAN occupant & owner.  (WWS plot 617)
    1881/91    Samuel J. PAGET (sic) (census).
    1896        Samuel John PAGETT (PSR)
    1901/5     Samuel John PAGETT  (KD)
    1909        Ralph LEES (KD)


Comments