Bush

        The Bush  Hadley; Muxton; St. Georges.


BUSH.         High St.     Hadley.


The original building was demolished c1961/2 and replaced with a "modern" building.

This closed in the early 2000's, the site was cleared in 2008 and is still awaiting development, 2010.






c.1920.
Showing Rose Brown (centre) licencee from c.1901 - 1925 
with Hilda & Ethel Brown.





  
 
  
   



c.1999

  

RETURN OF LICENSED HOUSES IN THE PETTY SESSIONAL DIVISION OF WELLINGTON 1896

 1. Name.  Bush.   

2. Place. Hadley.

3. Date of visit. 25 July 1896.  

 

4. Nature of licence. Alehouse 7 day.  

5. When granted.  Before 1820. 

 

6. Owner Pitchford & Co.  Union Buildings, Wellington. 

 Licensee. Ernest Pitchford.  Manager. Rose Rowley. 

No.of changes (last 5 years)  one. 

7. Rateable value.£30-15s. 

8. Accommodation. 6 rooms downstairs and 8 up.  

9

. Stabling. For 7 horses.  

        

10. Condition of buildings.  House in good condition, stables dirty and altogether out of repair.

     

  

11. Nature of trade.  Agricultural, Roadside and Ironworks.  

1

2. Proximity to licensed houses. 200 yards.

 

13. Proximity to dwelling houses. Adjoining. 

14. Distance from Police control. 300 yards to police station.

 

15. Date of proceedings.  None.  

16. General remarks. Tied to owner.

  

             Some licensees

            1828/34         Robert LAUREY,(PD)

            1861     William CRUMP  (KD)

            1861     Julia ADYE (HHD)

            1863     Julia ADYE (POD)

            1868          William CRUMP (Slater’s Directory)

            1891/95             Benjamin GARBETT (KD)

            1896     Ernest PITCHFORD licensee, manager Rose ROWLEY, 

                                    owner Pitchford & Co, Union Brewery, Wellington (PSR)

            c.1901/25            Rose BROWN

            1939-70             George HEINEMANN (Former Wellington Town FC player) (HAW)

            1941     George Henry HEINEMANN (KD)

            1964     George HEINEMANN (WD)

                                                      



 


 

BUSH              Muxton  

(see Sutherland Arms)

 

 

BUSH         West St.      St George's


One time 'Wrekin Brewery' house.

(1941 Kelly's Directory shows The Bush as a Beer House only.)

 

                  

RETURN OF LICENSED HOUSES IN THE PETTY SESSIONAL DIVISION OF SHIFNAL 1896

1.Name. BUSH 2.Place. St Georges  3.Date of Visit. 1 Aug 1896. 

4.Nature of Licence,  Beerhouse 7 days. 5.When Granted.  Not known but before 1851. 

6.Owner Mary Pitchford (Hadley). Occupier Enoch (sic) BIRCH. 

Number of changes within past five years, none. 

7.Rateable value £17. 8.Accommodation. 5 rooms downstairs and 6 up. 9.Stabling. For 2 horses.

 10.Condition of Buildings. House in fair condition. 11.Nature of Trade. Mining & works .

12.Proximity to other Licensed Houses.  About 10 yards. 13.Proximity to Dwelling Houses. Adjoining.

14.Position of House with regard to Police Control. In town near Police Station.

 15.Date & Nature of Proceedings. none.

Some licensees

    1861 James HYDE. Manager at Ironworks & Beerhouse keeper. (census).

    1891 Enoch BIRCH (census).

    1901   John Davies BALL, owners Exors. Of Enoch BIRCH. (PSR)

    1902 John D BALL, owners Birch’s exectrs. (SRB)  rateable value £21.15S,  Rental £25.

    1921      J. DORRICOTT. (Wrekin Brewery auction lists)

    1941 Charles RODEN,   (KD )

    1956 John L. EDWARDS  (ER)

    1964 Alan E STEWART (WD)

    2003 Dave MANSELL.

                                            


 


Comments