Boot

BOOT                   Donnington

There were three ale houses in Donnington Wood. 'The Bell,' 'The Flag,' and 'The Boot.'


The Boot was closed by the Duke of Sutherland in 1878 for ''Unsavoury conduct'' and later became a bakery and shop.

(Extract from the book  "Remembering Donnington"  published 1993,by  Wrekin District Council.)

Closed 1878 (VHS)

1869   William Henry SMITH  (D & M) 

Comments