Albion


Albion,  Albion Terrace,  St Georges.

1805 known as 'The Fire Engine' (HBD)  


                          
    
  
          


16 February 1899, auction sale was held at the Wrekin Hotel, Wellington, conducted by Messrs Barber & Son. under instructions from Mr T.D.PASCALL.

Mr John CLEMSON, the tenant, bought "The Albion" at St. Georges, and an adjoining cottage, for £2,000.  (Wellington Journal 18 Feb.1899.)

 

RETURN OF LICENSED HOUSES IN THE PETTY SESSIONAL DIVISION OF SHIFNAL 1896.

1.Name. Albion. 2.Place. St Georges. 3.Date of Visit. 1 Aug 1896. 4.Nature of Licence, Alehouse 7 days. 5.When Granted. Not known but before 1855. 6.Owner. Thomas PASCALL.Occupier. Richard Edward PARKER. Number of changes within past five years, none. 7.Rateable value £24-13s. 8.Accommodation. 4 rooms downstairs and 5 up. 9.Stabling. For 2 horses. 10.Condition of Buildings. House ceiling requires lime-washing, stabling requires cleaning & lime-washing. 11.Nature of Trade. Mining & roadside. 12.Proximity to other Licensed Houses. About 400 yards. 13.Proximity to Dwelling Houses. Adjoining. 14.Position of House with regard to Police Control. 1/2 mile from Police Station. 15.Date & Nature of Proceedings. none.16.General Remarks

 

Some licensees.

    1861    Moses PASCALL  (census).
    1861    Thomas PASCALL (HHD)
    1881    Thomas SALMON (census)
    1891    Edward PARKER (KD)
    1891    Richard PARKER (census)
    1895    Edward PARKER,  Owner Thomas PASCALL. (KD).
    1901    John CLEMSON (PSR)
    1902     John CLEMSON also owner.  (SRB) Rateable value, £38.5s,  rental £45.
    1905    John CLEMSON (KD)
    1909    John CLEMSON (census)
    1917    Mrs John CLEMSON (KD)
    1929    Jn. NORTH (KD)
    1934    William George PODMORE (KD)
    1937    Henry BARNBROOK (KD)
    1941    Mrs Ellen FRAGLE.   (KD )
    1956    John HOLFORD (ER)
    1964    John HOLFORD (WD)
    1980s  Jeff & Mary HILL
    1986    Brian BARNES    
    1993-date    Ian FERGUSSON
    


 

     

Comments